- 2017-present Doctor of Philosophy, Harvard University: Cambridge, MA
- Committee on the Study of Religion; New Testament and Early Christianity
- Adviser: Karen King
- 2015-2017 Master of Arts in Religion, Yale Divinity School: New Haven, CT
- Bible Concentration (New Testament/Early Christianity)
- 2011-2015 Bachelor of Arts, St. Olaf College: Northfield, MN
- May 2015; Religion, Classics, Ancient Studies; Distinction in Religion; Magna Cum Laude
HONORS & AWARDS
- 2018 Gochman Dean’s Fund for Innovation and Development, Harvard University
- 2018 Jens Aubrey Westengard Summer Research and Travel Grant, Harvard University
- 2018 Summer Graduate Fellowship, Center for Jewish Studies, Harvard University
- 2017-8 Harvard University Fellowship, Harvard University
- 2016 Two Brothers Fellowship, Yale Divinity School
- 2016 Dig Scholarship, Biblical Archaeology Society
- 2016 Albert Clark Award, Theta Alpha Kappa
- 2015-7 Pidcock Family Scholarship, Yale Divinity School
- 2015-7 Yale Divinity Scholarship
- 2015 Theta Alpha Kappa Graduate Fellowship Award
- 2015 Junia Award, St. Olaf College
- 2014 Manson A. Stewart Scholarship, CAMWS
- 2011-5 St. Olaf Presidential Scholarship
ACADEMIC & COLLEGIAL SERVICE
- 2018-9 Representative for the Committee on the Study of Religion, Graduate Student Council, Harvard University
- 2018-9 Freshman Proctor, Wigglesworth Hall, Harvard College
- 2018 Research Assistant to Dr. Laura Nasrallah, Harvard Divinity School
- 2017-8 Non-Resident Tutor in Writing, Dunster House, Harvard University
- 2017-8 Peer Reviewer, Ancient Jew Review
- 2017 Editorial Assistant to Omer Salem, Foundation for Religious Diplomacy
- 2016-8 Senior Editor, Glossolalia, Yale Divinity School
- 2016-7 Manuscript Processing Assistant, Center for Preservation and Conservation, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University
- 2016-7 Research/Editorial Assistant to Dr. Harold Attridge, Yale Divinity School
- 2016-7 Research Assistant to Dr. Gregory Sterling, Yale Divinity School
- 2016-7 Committee for Renewal of New Testament Faculty, Yale Divinity School: Student Representative
- 2016 Excavator, Huqoq Excavation Project/Field School
- 2015-8 Praxis Forum Steering Committee, Westar Institute: Member
- 2015 Instructor/RA, Exploration Summer Programs, Yale University
- 2014-5 Greek Lab Instructor, St. Olaf College Classics Department
- 2013-4 Junior Counselor (RA), St. Olaf College Residence Life
- 2013-4 Learning Consultant, St. Olaf College Academic Support Center
- 2013 Classics Research Assistant, St. Olaf College Classics Department
Ancient: Greek (Homeric, Classical dialects, Koine); Coptic (various dialects, some Bohairic); Latin; Biblical Hebrew
Modern: German (reading proficiency); Spanish (reading proficiency); French (reading proficiency)
- 2018 “Twenty-First Century Looting, Academic Ethics, and the Antiquities Market in Egypt.” Journal of Religion and Culture 28, forthcoming.
- 2018 “P.CtYBR inv. 1233: Contract from Oxyrhynchus Issued by a Woman.” The Bulletin for the American Society of Papyrologists 55 (2018): 39-44.
- 2017 “‘They Did Not Belong to Us’: Johannine Language and Social Identity.” Journal of Theta Alpha Kappa 41.1, 1-21.
- 2018 “3 Apocryphal Apocalypse of John.” More New Testament Apocrypha. Volume 2. Co-authored with Tony Burke. Edited by Tony Burke and Brent Landau. Grand Rapids: Eerdmans.
- 2018 “Homosexuality (in Ancient Greek and Roman Religion).” In Encyclopedia of Women in World Religions: Faith and Culture Across History. Edited by Susan De Gaia. Santa Barbara: ABC-CLIO.
- 2018 “Diana.” In Encyclopedia of Women in World Religions: Faith and Culture Across History. Edited by Susan De Gaia. Santa Barbara: ABC-CLIO.
- 2018 Review of Tony Burke, ed., Fakes, Forgeries, and Fictions: Writing Ancient and Modern Christian Apocrypha. Proceedings from the 2015 York University Christian Apocrypha Symposium. Foreword by Andrew Gregory. Eugene, Oregon: Cascade 2017. In Vigiliae Christianae.
- 2017 “Wisdom of Jesus Christ.” e-Clavis: Christian Apocrypha. http://www.nasscal.com/e-clavis-christian-apocrypha/sophia-of-jesus-christ/
- 2017 “Epistles of Paul and Seneca.” e-Clavis: Christian Apocrypha. http://www.nasscal.com/e-clavis-christian-apocrypha/epistles-of-paul-and-seneca/
PRESENTATIONS, PANELS, & INVITED LECTURES
- 2018 “An Introduction to 3 Apocryphal Apocalypse of John.” Annual SBL Meeting. Denver, CO.
- 2017 “To Be Greek or Not To Be Greek?: Pagans, Violence, and Egyptian Christian Identity in Shenoute of Atripe.” New England and Eastern Canada Regional Meeting of the Society of Biblical Literature. Yale Divinity School. New Haven, CT.
- 2017 “The Fourth Great Awakening: History, Impact, & Possibilities.” Panelist, Praxis Forum, Westar Institute Spring Meeting. Santa Rosa, CA.
- 2016 “Matthew’s Jesus, Jewish Identity, and the Gentiles.” Bethesda Fall Forums. Bethesda Lutheran Church. New Haven, CT.
- 2016 “’Are You the King of the Jews?’: Jesus’ Royal and Theological Identity in Matthew.” Bethesda Fall Forums. Bethesda Lutheran Church. New Haven, CT.
- 2016 “Not-So-Gnostic Pneumatic Knowledge: A Poetic Analysis of Valentinus’ Summer Harvest.” Yale Divinity Colloquium. Yale Divinity School. New Haven, CT.
- 2016 “Better Not Mention It Podcast Launch.” Panelist, Praxis Forum, Westar Institute, American Academy of Religion/Society of Biblical Literature Annual Meeting. San Antonio, TX.
- 2015 “Translating the Jewish Wars.” Panelist, Young Leaders in Religion Forum (YLRF), Westar Institute, American Academy of Religion/Society of Biblical Literature Annual Meeting. Atlanta, GA.
- 2015 “‘They did not belong to us’: Johannine Language and Social Identity.” Upper Midwest American Academy of Religion/Society of Biblical Literature Regional Meeting. Luther Seminary. St. Paul, MN.
- 2014 “Josephus and Herod: Men of Two Cities.” Upper Midwest American Academy of Religion/Society of Biblical Literature Regional Meeting. Luther Seminary. St. Paul, MN.
- 2013 “The Macedonian Alexander: Medizing or Medized?” International conference on “Historiography and History: Greece, Macedon and the Near East from 500-31 BCE.” Athens, Greece.
- 2018 “Deconstructing the Open Greek and Latin Project: The First Thousand Years of Greek.” Digital humanities/ digital classics workshop. Tufts University.
- 2015 Faculty training regarding student diversity, gender & sexuality, and ESL sensitivity: Exploration Summer Programs at Yale (EXPLO)
- 2013 Staff training regarding student diversity, gender & sexuality, and substance abuse: St. Olaf College Residence Life
OTHER PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
- 2017 “A Conversation on The Gospel of Jesus’ Wife.” Moderator for Ariel Sabar. Archaia: Yale Program for the Study of Ancient and Premodern Cultures and Societies. Ancient Societies Workshop.
- 2017 Dove, Nate and Emma Brown. “A Faithful None.” In Good Faith. https://ingoodfaithpodcast.com/2017/04/14/003-a-faithful-none/.
- 2015- Society of Biblical Literature (SBL): Student Member
- 2015- The North American Society for the Study of Christian Apocryphal Literature (NASSCAL): Member
- 2015- Westar Institute: Associate
- 2014-2016 Association of Ancient Historians (AAH): Member
- 2013-2016 Classical Association of the Middle West and South (CAMWS): Member